Job Vacancy for Belantara Foundation's Conservation Coordinator for East Kalimantan
Position: Belantara Foundation’s Conservation Coordinator for East Kalimantan
The Belantara Foundation is recruiting an East Kalimantan Conservation Coordinator who will be tasked together with the Conservation Manager to achieve the objectives and targets of the Foundation’s programs as stated in the Strategic Plan and Annual Work Program.
Scope of Activities
The position of the East Kalimantan Conservation Coordinator is to coordinate, manage and ensure the quality of activities carried out by the Belantara Foundation in East Kalimantan. And to ensure that the activities are in accordance with the work plans, pilot designs, and budgets through active and meaningful involvement from the government and other stakeholders at the provincial and regent levels in the Kutai areas where the Belantara Foundation is pioneering.
The supervisor of this position is the Conservation Manager.
As a conservation coordinator, you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating the implementation of activities in East Kalimantan Province, including: leading restoration, conservation, and community empowerment activities programs by the Belantara Foundation into provincial and district governments; and encourage the provincial, regent, sub-district and village level governments to utilize their resources to the maximum to improve the performance and accountability of the forestry sector.
- Ensuring the implementation of the Belantara Foundation activities, including: working under established guidelines for implementing the activities; create a conducive work environment for the Belantara Foundation team for maximum performance; and build mutual learning cooperation with government officials, NGOs, corporations, and all involved.
- Managing the Belantara Foundation's activities in East Kalimantan, which includes: ensuring financial planning and reporting, logistics and procurement, administration, and asset and safety management; ensuring compliance with financial, logistical, administrative and safety standard operating procedures (SOP); as well as ensuring coordination, and a quick and thorough solution for each operational challenge at the village, sub-district, and regent levels through effective coordination with government officials and relevant stakeholders, and the Belantara team at the national level.
- Minimum of a Bachelor graduate in relevant fields.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in the field of advocacy, governance, and community empowerment.
- Experienced working in Kalimantan.
- Having worked in the environment/forestry/community empowerment field will be preferred.
- Able to work independently and work in teams.
- Possess a high initiative to complete work targets.
- Able to coordinate and facilitate community empowerment, focus group discussions, training, outreach, and discussion forums at the community level.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze and translate government policies, especially in the forestry sector.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze, plan, monitor, and solve problems, and can place work concepts and or activities into doable actions; and can monitor and identify issues and risks that arise.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead, coordinate and manage activities pioneered by Belantara Foundation at the provincial and regent levels.
- Demonstrate success in implementing programs in the field, compile work plans and schedules, and supervise field teams, including its budget, financial expense, and administration.
- Demonstrate high interpersonal skills; can communicate effectively and respect coworkers, subordinates, superiors, stakeholders, and Belantara Foundation's management.
- Show a willingness to be proactive, is highly motivated, and a pioneer.
- Demonstrate excellent performance while working in teams or alone with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage time effectively, multi-task, pursue strict work targets, and handle changes that often occur in programs.
- Uphold the values of transparency, honesty, work ethics and integrity.
This position will be placed in: Samarinda, East Kalimantan
Please send your CV to:
Delivery limit: March 20, 2019
For further information about the Belantara Foundation, please visit www.belantara.or.id