Job Vacancy for The Belantara Foundation's WASH (Water, Sanitation & Hygiene) Community Facilitator
Position: The Belantara Foundation’s WASH (Water, Sanitation & Hygiene) Community Facilitator
Supervisor: Conservation Manager
The Belantara Foundation is looking to recruit a field WASH (Water, Sanitation & Hygiene) Community Facilitator to support the Tourism Village Development Program in Sungsang Village (located in Banyuasin II Subdistrict, Banyuasin Regency, South Sumatra Province). They will be tasked together with the Foundation's partners to achieve the goals and targets of the Foundation's programs, as stated in the Belantara Foundation's Strategic Plan and Annual Work Program.
The WASH Community Facilitator will be assigned in Sungsang IV Village, Banyuasin II Subdistrict, Banyuasin Regency, South Sumatra Province, and will stay with the community (live among) in carrying out their duties and responsibilities as per the agreed duration of the work contract.
Scope of Activities
The position is expected to possess the ability to support the Conservation Manager in managing and assisting work related to increasing community access to clean water, sanitation, and hygiene. For these purposes, the WASH Community facilitator is expected to have good experience in community-based water supply and sanitation programs, are familiar with Community-Based Total Sanitation (STBM) approaches, Community-based solid waste management (organic and inorganic), hygiene and sanitation education for school children, and community assistance in managing waste banks.
The WASH Community Facilitator will be responsible for implementing the Community-Based Clean/Drinking Water, and Sanitation and Hygiene Access Improvement Programs to support the sustainable development of Sembilang Ecotourism in the work area assigned. These responsibilities include planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating programs, as well as increasing the capacity of community-based institutions, and the capacity of the Clean/Drinking water and Sanitation Facilities manager, and conducting school-based hygiene and sanitation education activities in the targeted program's area.
- Build partnerships with village governments and community-based institutions and assist communities in identifying clean/drinking water and sanitation problems and identify local potentials.
- Collaborate with Community Health Centers (Puskesmas) and or Supporting Community Health Centers (Puskesmas Pembantu/Pustu) staffs in raising community awareness and education for sustainable changes in hygiene and sanitation behavior to occur towards the realization of Total Sanitation Behavior (Stop Open Defecation, Wash hands with soap, Household Drinking Water and Food Management, Household Waste Safeguarding, and Household Liquid Waste Safeguarding).
- Facilitate the training and capacity building for cadres and groups to revitalize and strengthen the community institutions for community-based water/drinking and sanitation programs.
- Facilitate the formulation of regulations at the village level to create a conducive situation (enabling environment) in efforts for behavior changes to improve access to clean/drinking water and sanitation.
- Facilitate/encourage regular community meetings to ensure the quality of the clean/drinking water and sanitation program.
- Collaborate with the Puskesmas/Pustu health workers (such as sanitarians and health promotion officers) to manage planned activities, such as Health, Hygiene and Sanitation Education Training in Schools, Conduct Training on Community-Based Waste Management, etc.
- Provide reports on program implementation activities/progress and the channeling of funds regularly to the Belantara Foundation's supervisor.Assist the Conservation Manager to create a Dossier for every proposal submitted to the Belantara Foundation and update the Pipeline Portfolio documents.
- Carry out other responsibilities related to the implementation of the clean/drinking water and sanitation programs as assigned by the Belantara Foundation's Management.
- Education: Associate degree (D3) or Bachelor Degree (S1) majoring in Public Health or other majors
- Experience: at least 2 years working in NGOs with a similar program focus.
- Understand the field of environment and public health.
- Able to communicate, both verbally and in writing, and can foster good relations with the community, local authorities, and related stakeholders.
- Able to work independently and or work in teams and be able to work responsibly with minimal supervision.
- Possess a high initiative in completing work targets.
Please send your CV to:
Delivery limit: September 20, 2019
For further information about the Belantara Foundation, please visit www.belantara.or.id