Yayasan Bersama Lestarikan Nusantara (Yayasan Belantara) is an Indonesia grant-making institution formed in 2014 with the goal of delivering wide-ranging community and conservation results. Belantara primary focus is to allocate grants to support restoration, protection, and conservation of endangered species (specifically Sumatera TIger, Sumatera Elephant, as well as Sumatera ad Borneo Orangutan). The foundation also provides grant for institutional development and community development as well as empowerment initiatives. The mentioned initiatives are located in conservation area, production forest, protection forest and social forestry on the ten specified grant distribution areas across five provinces in Indonesia.
Working with local communities, government, the private sector and NGO’s, Belantara relies on a multi-stakeholder approach to better inform decision-making when addressing resource management problems. As the Essential Ecosystem Areas (KEE) stretch across the grant distribution areas, a coordinated response between all stakeholders for the effective management and preservation of critical ecosystems is required,
As an independent foundation, Belantara aims to work with all parties that shares its goals, coordinating and collaborating with partner projects within each of its ten specified grant distribution areas. Belantara aims to ensure that existing initiatives are aligned, minimizing the risk of projects overlapping while maximizing information and data sharing.
Belantara is currently looking for a Finance Manager, who can manage and lead the foundation at a time of rapid growth and contribute significantly to the financial operation sector of the institution.
The Finance Manager is responsible for all finance, including such activities as budget planning and control and personnel administration. Works closely with all members of Belantara’s management team and others to ensure that his/her responsibilities are effectively and consistently discharged.
Manages the activities and personnel for a specific Finance/Accounting function and/or department to ensure financial results are accurately reflected. Hes/She develops short and long-term business plans. Develops and implements methods and procedures for the preparation of periodic financial reports and results of operations, including ensuring the accuracy of details such as journal entries, cash, assets and reconciliation.
The Finance Manager shall coordinate with all Belantara’s Manager, and supervised by the Executive Director in maintaining a transparent and credible financial.
Key Responsibilities in Finance
- Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems, and controls.
- Develop and manage annual budgeting and planning process for the organization’s annual budget with ED for Board approval;
- Develop, maintain and monitor all fundraising and accounting systems and procedures capturing all pledges, billings, and receipts and for the recording of all revenue transactions, recommend and implement improvements to systems.
- Assist Conservation manager preparing the budget for proposals to be submitted to potential funding;
- Responsible for all administration, including but not limited to providing management oversight, direction, and support to administrative operations (finance, administration, and logistics) including such activities as budget planning and control, personnel administration, facilities, goods and service procurement, safety, training, volunteer development.
- Prepares the Financial report of the Organization (Financial Position; Statement of Activities and Statement of Cash Flow)
- Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organization’s financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals. Oversee short and long-term financial and managerial reporting.
- Prepares Financial Report for funding partners
- Prepares monthly Fund Balance by funding or projects
- Prepares monthly status of Grants Funds to the Executive Director;
- Review & administering payroll schedule and employee benefits, tax and organizational insurance.
- Reviews the Bank Reconciliation Statements;
- Reviews Official Receipts prepared by the Disbursing Officer;
- Supervises the tasks of the Disbursing Officer and the Accounting Officer;
- Monitors and Enforces the implementation of office finance policies and procedures;
- Managing grantor contracts and reimbursement requests.
- Ensure that Accounting Department requests are resolved and communicated in a timely manner to internal and external parties.
- Develop long-range forecasts and maintain long-term financial plans.
- Prepare annual audit and be a liaison with all outside vendor.
- Attends regular meetings;
- Assists the Executive Director in communicating with funding partners;
- Assist the Executive Director in providing financial training/mentoring to partners.
- Performs other tasks that the Executive Director shall assign from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting; MBA and CMA /CPA trongly preferred, with 10-15 years working experience in project finance
- Expert knowledge and understanding of fund accounting principles, practices and regulations.
- Long-term experience working on national and international funding agencies in financial management with complex project configurations.
- Wide experience with the administration of bi-lateral and multi-lateral grants including on-site fieldwork implementation.
- May require expert working knowledge of grants accounting.
- Technical expert on complex accounting/financial issues.
- Solid knowledge and experience using and maintaining automated systems.
- Strong organizational skills and accuracy, attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
Complexity Problem Solving:
- Ability to design, implement, and direct multiple projects, setting deadlines and ensuring program accountability.
- Ability to think strategically, creating competitive strategies to ensure that systems/processes are efficient and leverage available technology.
- Diagnose complex problems and identify creative solutions.
- Cultivates the creative ideas of others, projecting potential outcomes. Experiments to find creative solutions.
- Makes strategic decisions based on analysis, experience and judgement.
- Maximum opportunity to act independently.
Please send your latest resume and cover letter (no more than 4 pages) to:
Please fill the “subject” column of the e-mail in this format (FM-your name)
Closing date is: December 15th, 2017
Please be informed that only short listed candidates will be notified
For more information about Belantara Foundation, you may check our web at: www.belantara.or.id