Job Position : Network Manager for Sustainable Development Solutions Network-Indonesia (SDSN-Indonesia)Network Manager for Sustainable Development Solutions Network-Indonesia (SDSN-Indonesia)
The United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network (www.unsdsn.org) was launched by Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon in August 2012. The network is led by Professor Jeffrey D. Sachs and mobilizes scientific and technical expertise from academia, civil society, and the private sector in support of sustainable development at local, national, and global scales. The SDSN is building a global network of universities, research centers, civil society organization, and other knowledge centers for sustainable development and support of the Sustainable Development Goals. National and Regional SDSNs are established to accelerate practical problem solving for sustainable development at the local, national, and regional level. They are each convened and coordinated by one or more National SDSN Centers or Regional SDSN Centers.
National Sustainable Development Solution Network (SDSN) purposed to mobilize universities, research centers, civil society organization, business, another knowledge centers around practical problem solving for sustainable development. The Research Center for Climate Change-Universitas Indonesia (RCCC-UI) is a hub for UN SDSN Indonesia which managed around 30 members comprised of NGO, Universities, and other institutions.
- Position Role
To enhance the SDSN Indonesia in accelerate joint learning and promote integrated approaches that address the interconnected economic, social, and environmental challenges in Indonesia, we are seeking a dynamic and talented individual to help to develop and manage the Indonesia SDSN network based in the University of Indonesia, which hosts the regional/national center.
The person selected must manage the following activities:
- Oversee network development and support the membership drive
- Ensure coordination with the SDSN Secretariat team;
- Collaborate with researchers to manage relations with partners, and to build and manage relations with institutions in the country/region;
- Facilitate and support new network initiatives;
- Manage activity-related budgets;
The manager will also have to take on the following objectives:
- be a point of reference for governing bodies;
- plan and implement a fundraising strategy;
- organize activities for the annual conference;
- provide support in seeking funds, in the management of agreements and in reporting.
- a Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant field of study; OR Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience in project management
- advanced level of written and spoken English and [local language)];
- excellent relational skills and experience in contacts with foreign institutions;
- organizational skills in relation to international events, conferences and meetings;
- basic knowledge of the subject of contracts;
- competence in project planning, management and reporting;
- personal motivation, skills and/or professional competences in relation to the subject of the call.
Please send CV to Ms. Eky Pramitha (email@example.com)