Position: Communications Manager
The Belantara Foundation is currently looking to hire a Communications Manager to manage the organization’s internal and external communications as well as guide its communications strategy to broaden awareness of the Foundation’s initiatives and raise its public profile. The Communications Manager will work with senior staff members to create and implement a comprehensive strategic communications plan, and should have a genuine passion for environmental conservation and Belantara Foundation’s mission. This position will be reporting directly to the Executive Director of Belantara Foundation.
- Develop an integrated communications strategy and campaign to support the strategic direction of the Foundation leaders as well as the programmatic division in enhancing meaningful relationships with key stakeholders.
- Develop, design, manage, proofread and edit speeches, press releases, presentations, multi-media content, Thought Leadership articles and other required literature.
- Custodian of the organization’s corporate identity and branding.
- Dissemminate press releases, statements, presentations, multi-media content and other communication materials to the relevant stakeholders.
- Conduct media outreach programs to identify and build rapport with key local and international media.
- Actively cultivate media contacts and promote coverage for Foundation initiatives.
- Monitoring media coverage and key subject trends (sustainability, conservation, etc).
- Manage all media requests, including preparing answer scripts for interviews and moderating press conferences.
- Manage the website, social media, and the foundation’s digital channels including developing and creating integrated communication content.
- Identify Thought Leadership platforms and speaking engagements that will be able to further raise the profile of Belantara Foundation and its management team.
- Manage, brief, and collaborate with the appointed communications agencies and / or consultants.
- Identify emerging issues and work with senior management to develop potential communications solutions.
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong writing, editing and creativity.
- Advanced desktop publishing and multi-media skills, with an eye for layout and design.
- Computer literate and well versed in MS Office.
- Fluency in written and spoken Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of audiences from different cultures.
- Ability to collaborate with a broad and dynamic team.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or Journalism is required.
- Minimum five years work experience in Public Relations, Brand Management, or Journalism.
- Experience building relationships with media and positioning subject matter to achieve high-impact placements.
- Significant experience writing and producing publications such as newsletters, press releases and annual reports.
- Well experienced in sustainability-related topics and efforts.
- Prior experience in Event or Project Management will be an added advantage.
- Normal working hours but able to occassionally work beyond if and when required.
- Willing to be based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Experience in non-profit and NGO work preferred.
For those interested, please email your latest CV, cover letter and expected salary to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also state the date you can join on your cover letter. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Preference will be given to candidates willing to join immediately. Closing date is: April 5th, 2018
About Belantara Foundation
Belantara Foundation is an Indonesia grant-making institution formed in 2014 with the goal of delivering wide-ranging community and conservation results. Belantara primary focus is to allocate grants to support restoration, protection, and conservation of endangered species (specifically Sumatera TIger, Sumatera Elephant, as well as Sumatera ad Borneo Orangutan). The foundation also provides grant for institutional development and community development as well as empowerment initiatives. The mentioned initiatives are located in conservation area, production forest, protection forest and social forestry on the ten specified grant distribution areas across five provinces in Indonesia.
Working with local communities, government, the private sector and NGO’s, Belantara relies on a multi-stakeholder approach to better inform decision-making when addressing resource management problems. As the Essential Ecosystem Areas (KEE) stretch across the grant distribution areas, a coordinated response between all stakeholders for the effective management and preservation of critical ecosystems is required,
As an independent foundation, Belantara aims to work with all parties that shares its goals, coordinating and collaborating with partner projects within each of its ten specified grant distribution areas. Belantara aims to ensure that existing initiatives are aligned, minimizing the risk of projects overlapping while maximizing information and data sharing.